"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Butterick 9282 and Confessions

 My first vintage pattern success!  Butterick 9282.  I'm sorry I don't know the year.  I can't find it anywhere and I don't see a date on the pattern itself.
I found this little gem with the help of Vintage Textile Pixie on Etsy.  I saw a pattern in her shop I liked, but she mentioned that she had a bunch more that were unlisted.  I convo'd her to see what she had in a button-down in a 10-12 and this is one of several she gave me to choose from.
I took the pattern with me to JoAnn's to see what fabric inspired me and surprised myself with what I chose.  In the denim section was this super soft denim with a faux eyelet design and it was 40% off.  I took a leap of faith and I think the results are admirable.
I am happy to have this pattern in my stash and can see myself certainly making it again.  I LOVE the sleeves and I didn't have to make any alterations, which is incredible to me.
Very quickly, before you look at pictures.... here's my confession.  It's not actually finished.  I haven't put in the zipper or the bottom button (hidden under the belt), but I let myself take pictures of it anyway.

Confession number two: This was originally planned as a project for The Sew Weekly challenge Inspired by Art for the week of March 5th.  I had a Renoir in mind and then I lost my mojo and didn't finish in time.
Confession number three: I have no idea when I will wear this.  Possibly, fourth of July?  A Summer BBQ party that I don't have an invitation to yet?




so tell me, where would YOU wear it?

3 comments:

  1. I would wear it to school (I teach, so my wardrobe needs are varied, haha). It's adorable!! SO much cuter than the line drawing, which is cute indeed. I'm loving that fabric too. I wonder if my Joanns still has some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I would wear it to church or for a picnic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wear it anywhere if I was in the right mood, and really, putting that dress on Would put me in the right mood. Great dress, definitely get a lot of use out of it! I don't work in a school but in the state archives here in VA and I would still wear it to work.

    ReplyDelete